Tuesday, January 26, 2016

New year. New Blog

Having maintained my Broken Prairie Tales Blog for nearly 5 years,  I have decided to retire it.  I have had it made into a "put away on a shelf" type book in the hope that someday other family members may find it entertaining.

My new project is going to be a subject that has been my passion for many years ..... food.  I love food and recipes and cooking those recipes.  I especially love that I have a vast collection of family recipes going back several generations.  Most are plain ingredient dishes that have fit nicely on a family farm table.

Over the years I have collected a file of "Not so Ordinary" recipes.  Teaching an international 4-H cooking class opened this file.  Determination to cook some of the dishes Mark and I have been served in restaurants as we travel has expanded the file.  Right now, I am obsessed with learning French cooking.

As with Prairie Tales, this blog will hopefully appeal to my family.  I will include some history and pictures of people and places who have contributed to these recipes.  Hopefully, some of it will interest you all too.

2 comments: